Cool Breeze Rentals Pty Ltd and its subsidiary companies (CBR) value the importance of protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. CBR are committed to and bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) under the Privacy Act 1988 Cth (as amended). You can view the full text of the APP's online at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/
"Personal Information" is information or an opinion about you as an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
What Personal Information do we collect, and how do we get it?
The types of Personal Information collected by us may differ depending on whether you are a customer, supplier, independent contractor or employee (except where the use or disclosure is directly related to the relationship between us as employer and you as the employee and relates to an "employee record" about you as a present or past employee). CBR collects Personal Information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities. CBR collects your Personal Information from our hire/sale enquiries and agreements, our credit forms, or what you tell us or show us when you telephone us, visit our branch premises, or browse on our web-site. CBR also collect personal information from credit reporting agencies and from searches we conduct, including the PPS Register. Generally, we ask you for your name, your contact details including your phone number, address, and e-mail address. This helps us to contact you to answer our enquiries. When you hire/buy any equipment from us, CBR will request that you supply us with some or all of the following:
- Your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone, mobile and facsimile numbers, your company or business name to identify you, and for us to contact you.
- Details of your Driver's Licence, or a photocopy or digital image of it, so that we can confirm your identity and your residence
If you apply for a credit account with us, we may ask for the above information, as well as:
- Your bank account details;
- Trade references to allow us to assess your background; and
- If you are a company, name and address details of all directors of the company.
We do not seek to collect any sensitive information such as medical information, ethnic background, political beliefs etc. From our employees or prospective employees, we collect several types of information, including details you provide to us on your resume.
What do we use this Personal Information for?
All information sought is required for our business purposes, which includes (depending on whether you are a customer, supplier, contractor or employee):
- Responding to your enquiries or requests or making enquiries of you;
- To provide you with the goods and services requested by you;
- To acquire goods and services;
- To enforce compliance with agreements that we have entered into with you;
- To help us to identify other products and services that might be beneficial to you, and to inform you about them and items of interest;
- To evaluate the needs of our customers and to develop new products;
- Internal accounting and administration;
- To protect you and us from fraud; and
- Direct marketing.
When you visit our website, CBR may collect the above information from you if you provide it to us. CBR may also collect logging information about web site activities (e.g. date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, your operating system etc.) using “cookies”, as commonly used by most other web sites. A cookie is a packet of information that allows the hosting computer to identify and interact with you. The cookies do not identify any Personal Information but may provide us with statistical information that we can use to analyse our services. If your computer does not allow the placement of cookies, your navigation on our website may be restricted.
Your Personal Information may be shared with any employees of CBR and with our IT contractors.
You consent to CBR using your Personal Information for the above primary purposes.
Disclosure of your Personal Information to parties outside CBR
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
As a general principle, CBR will not actively provide any unrelated party (including any overseas recipients) with any Personal Information it has collected about you.
Exceptions may occur where:
- You have consented to the disclosure or CBR reasonably believes in good faith that you have consented;
- We use external service providers and third party consultants who may from time to time:
- Manage all or part of our database or computer systems or internet sites,
- Development, production and/or printing of advertising and marketing material and campaigns, including where such material contains photos or video of individuals; mystery shopping and customer satisfaction surveys,
- Mailing houses to mail promotional material to you. The information will be provided to our external service providers on a confidential basis for the purposes of our business only, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is dealt with according to the same high standards as we use;
- A law enforcement agency, or other government agency, is exercising its legal authority and has asked CBR to provide access to that information;
- You are in default of a hire/sale contract or other contractual commitment to us, in which case we may need to release your details and the relevant history of your transactions with us to our legal advisers, debt collection agencies, credit reference bodies, or industry associations.
- We are asked to share that information with a credit bureau or reporting agency.
- Of or incidental to a sale of all or part of our business, to prospective purchasers and their legal and accounting representatives, and as required by law.
Cross Border Disclosure
CBR has a subsidiary in New Zealand, Cool Breeze Rentals (NZ) Ltd. Generally, Personal Information of Australian customers is not accessible to employees in New Zealand, unless such customers also have operations in New Zealand.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
We may from time to time, communicate with you directly to promote our products or services. On each communication, we will advise how you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving such communications. You may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us and we will comply with that request.
Protecting your Personal Information
CBR store information in different ways, including hard copies and electronic form. CBR takes all reasonable care to ensure that the Personal Information about you is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including:
- Having a robust physical security of our premises and database/records;
- Taking measures to restrict access to personnel who need your Personal Information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services; and
- Technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls. We also have electronic security systems in place to protect your Personal Information transmitted through our web-site.
Gaining access to your Personal Information
If you wish to amend the Personal Information because it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, or if you wish your Personal or Sensitive Information to be deleted, please contact our Privacy Officer. If we refuse to comply with your request, we will let you know why.
Keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, we are likely to be unable to provide the products and services requested by you.
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Act, or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal Information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will discuss your concerns with you and take action as necessary to address such concerns which may include contacting us to take the matter further.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the length of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us within five business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter but we will endeavour to finalise the matter within 30 days.
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things that we may decide to do include:
- Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- Provide you with you additional information or advice so that you can understand what happened and how we have dealt with it;
- Take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone's satisfaction. In that case, you might want to escalate the matter to the Privacy Commissioner via an online privacy complaint form which can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.